Affirmations for Smoking Cessation
This post was inspired by a Facebook group I belong to. I listened to your personal challenges!
What are positive affirmations?
Positive affirmations are positive statements and phrases that we repeat to ourselves. When practiced regularly over time, rewire our thinking patterns to replace potentially self-sabotaging, negative thoughts that hold us back from achieving our goals. Studies have shown positive effects on brain activity and behavior when positive affirmations are used.
Use the positive affirmations below to make sure you remain a non-smoker, even when your triggers show up!
Can they help me with quitting for good?
Yes it can with some effort. Keep the positive affirmations list where you can see them daily. Read them aloud as much as you like or record them on your phone…listen and repeat. Keep giving your (subconscious) mind the messages that tell it you are ready to become and remain a non-smoker for life. If you still need some assistance, try hypnosis!
What else do you recommend to become or remain a non-smoker?
Hypnosis! You can use a hypnotic recording to help you quit or remain a non-smoker. If the general recording is not enough for your situation, try a personalized hypnosis appointment so you can address any challenges that might come up for you. When you are looking to achieve that self-improvement goal, hypnosis is one of the most effective and non-invasive ways. It also creates a space for you to learn about hypnosis to use for future goals.
Use all or some of these affirmations.
- I choose to be a non-smoker and it feels great.
- Quitting is/was easy.
- Every time I feel stress, I take five slow, deep cleansing breaths and feel relaxed.
- I respect my body and release unhealthy addictions.
- My natural state is that of a non-smoker.
- It is empowering to know that I have power over my life choices, including smoking.
- I eat sensible, modest portions of healthy foods.
- I choose good health; I always make healthy choices.
- My self-image improves every day as a non-smoker.
- Eliminating nicotine from my life is/was easy.
- I breathe easily.
- I am calm and relaxed as a nonsmoker.
- It feels good to finally be free from cigarettes.
- Every day in every way my life gets better as a non-smoker.
- Smoking no longer serves me.
- I am in control of my life.
- I am happy that I breathe fresh air.
- My lungs are healthy and clean.